Where MamaKai's Heading
Thanks for joining us!
With the funds raised from her community, that’s YOU, MamaKai will offer a variety of classes FREE. One of the things I love in my life is constantly learning new skills and ways I can keep my community and myself healthy and happy. I don’t always have $50 dollars here or $100 dollars there to attend all of the classes I’d love to take. This is even harder for growing families as they are saving their pennies for diapers, baby gear, clothing and not to mention college (which as we know, will no doubt cost a true arm and a leg by the time they reach it).
I see a way in setting up this project to empower our growing families and witnessing amazing improvement in our collective physical and social health by teaching them how to stay nourished throughout pregnancy, birth and beyond; but also how to deeply connect to their own communities and feel truly supported by them in this intensely gratifying, but exhausting, time.
When I look at other cultures and countries around the world, in history and in present day, there are many that have/had programs like MamaKai’s built in to their health care systems, having those basic human rights at the core of their societies. They understand that by supporting families during birth and post partum, their children will need less of society through disability programs due to poor health and disease; and thus will most likely contribute in amazing ways to the longevity, creativity and strength of their culture as a whole.
Our educators will be compensated sustainably for their time, expertise and resources by MamaKai, keeping the classes and resources, in-person or online, at no additional cost to our community. Through private and public donors, we get to show community support in such a fundamental and meaningful way!
Create MORE Optimal Health and Happiness Community Support Calls
Here are just some of the class topics and resources we'll be hosting through tele-conference this year:
- Intro to Nutrient-density & Traditional Diets: How We Evolved to Eat
- All About Fats
- Making & Using Bone Broths
- Let's go Coconuts!
- Seafoods & Seaweeds
- Animal Foods
- Herbs, Spices & Salts
- Sprouted Nuts, Seeds & Legumes
- Fermented Foods
- Water & Nutrient-dense Beverages
Alternative Health Intros
- Boosting Preconception & Fertility / Fertility Awareness Method
- HypnoBirth & Depth Hypnosis
- Your Birth Experience: Know Your Birth Rights, Options & Support Team
- Acupuncture & Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Family Therapy & Counseling
- Birth & Post Partum Doula Services
- Midwifery & Homebirth
- Lactation Support
- Essential Oils
- Body Talk
- Massage & Chiropractic
- Hair Mineral Analysis
- Mercury Amalgam/Filling Removal
- Vaccinations / Immunizations
- Build a Basic Pantry: Flex Your Kitchen Improv Muscles
- Top 10 Kitchen Tools - Picking Non-toxic Materials
- Meal Planning / Nutrient Balancing
- Building a Basic Foods Budget
- Buying in Bulk
- Sourcing: Farmer's Markets, Groceries & Online
- Packing Lunches
- Kid's Foods: Introducing Solids & Toddler Foods
- The Beauty of Braising
- Casseroles & One-pot Dishes
- Salads & Dressings
- Fermentation Basics
- More Fermentation Know How
- The Superfood Smoothie
- Soul-FULL Soups
- Good for You Sweet Treats
- Snacks & Nibbles
- The Farm Fresh Frittata
- Offal Good for You: Incorporating Organ Meats
- Making Herbal Remedies
- Clean Body & Home Care Products
- Traditional Chinese Meals for Post Partum
Supporting Our Bodies
- Endrocrine / Hormones
- Skeletal / Muscular
- Neuro / Brain Health
- Immune Function
- Must Knows on Physical Development for Infants: Before Your Baby is Born
- Eyes / Vision
- Dental Health
- Feet & Hands
- Skin, Nails & Hair
- Through Travel
- Food & Mood: What's Post Partum Depression All About?
- Living a Toxin-free Lifestyle
- GAPS (Gut & Psychology Syndrome) Diet
- Preparing Your Body for Birth: Massage and Yoga Techniques
- Host a Baby Blessings Cooking Party: For Yourself or a Friend
- Create the Birth You Want With LOVE from Friends & Family
- General Post Partum Expectations
- Family Dynamics & Involvement in Post Partum
- Being Perfect
There's MORE to Come with More Support...
I have always had a BIG vision for MamaKai. It was never about me, but in creating MamaKai, my focus was on working together with community to see health and happiness improve for EVERYONE. When folks are happy, they raise happier children. When folks get more rest and are less stressed in raising children, everyone feels better around them, especially their babies.
With that BIG Vision, here are a few project ideas that are on the horizon for MamaKai. THANKS for your donations and making sure that we CAN expand into these additional ideas. This will create more jobs and see many more mamas, papas and babies experience a more sustainable and healthy life together.